I have disappeared. Suddenly. Like a hole opened under my feet and carried me to Wonderland… But that’s too poetic to be true. And I’m not yet back for good, but an update is in order. I miss the lovely blogging community and all friends I’ve made. I miss reading my favorite blogs. But life became chaotic all too unexpectedly.
- I went on without computer for a couple of weeks. Then without internet for a week.
- That made my work pile up and become a mess, so I focused on work for weeks, catching up with things.
- My kid was going through some hardcore bullying in school (uh? in Kindergarten? Yes). The kid in question was bullying almost the whole class. Thankfully, the bully will be in a different class next year.
- My mom’s house was robbed
- My husband had a blood pressure problem (insert fainting, hitting head, breaking fingers, etc, here)
- My kid developed a nuts allergies, with lots of throwing up, coughing, difficulty breathing and scared us half to death (no more nuts!)
- Husband had issues at work, quit, then couldn’t quit, then… (insert work drama here)
- My mom lost $500 (lucky her, uh?)
- My kid’s graduation was too cool for school (one good thing. Yahoo!)
- My mom’s house was robbed. Again! She went to the police and they said: “Come back tomorrow. Today Brasil’s playing the world cup and we’re not really working”
- Mom goes back to the police the next day. They say: “Get higher walls around the house and buy a dog”. (Are we proud of Rio de Janeiro’s police yet?) Viva the World Cup!
- My husband and I have been contacting agents and looking to buy a house soon (so the madness may have already started, but I still feel sane).
- My mom decided to move from our house asap. She can’t stand that place anymore -I can’t blame her.
- New added problem: Sell our house in Brasil.
- My kid needs a hernia surgery soon. 10% Hospital fees deposit for surgery: $5,000 (plus doctors 10% deposit, which I don’t know how much it would be). Time to get that insurance!!!!
My household expenses at home are Cable (TV, internet, phone – at a ridiculous price of $203/mo), cell phones, PSEG. Kid’s expenses are 50/50. I’m an only kid, so my mom’s expenses are mostly on me (electricity, gas, grocery shopping, house taxes, etc). Plus house renovations that have been going on for a year or so now (one room at a time…). I also make sure that my mom always have all home appliances she needs, laptop, tablet, etc. She’s an old chick, but she’s modern and still kicking it. =) With all that, I’m going through a tight period money-wise. Then the personal side of things are not all flowers either. With all this together, it’s been pretty stressful. So I NEEDED this break from work, blogging and all other responsibilities.
I’m glad it’s Summer (or almost). Because I’ve been in a great mood. I’m looking forward visiting Six Flags water park, taking the kiddo to playgrounds around the city (NYC has some awesome playgrounds with water falling/popping from everywhere during the Summer) and hitting Rockaway beach and Coney Island.
I bought a new guitar and will re-learn to play it. I bought a new pair or skates (roller derby style) and fell hard on my butt as soon as I stood on it -boy, I miss that back wheel from inline skates! hahahaha … I’m looking for a band or choir to join, because I miss singing. A lot. I’ll also look for a drama group -I also miss acting. I’m starting a volleyball clinic on July and then I’ll hit pick up volleyball again -because I used to be really good at it, despite my height.
I’m having fun!
Behind The Design is not dead. The business is still up and running (mostly by itself – I love the “pay and download” self-service system). I will be back, but I’ll enjoy a bit of Summer fun first.
Hope you’re all enjoying the sunny, beautiful days and have a beautiful Summer!!! :)